Once the Windows Fall Creators Updated, so many errors and problems come to the light and you can easily notice. There is one such error that is Windows 10 Won’t Wake up from Sleep after the update. Then there are some chances that after you will upgrade your system, it forgets to wake up every time you put it to sleep mode.
If you are also facing this condition like this is whereby tapping any key or move the mouse also doesn’t help you, and then you can look into some of these troubleshooting methods to resolve it. Unfortunately, when you get stuck on it, you can just observe a black screen and because of it, reboot your PC is only you can do to resolve it.
Unfortunately, when you get stuck on it, you can just observe a black screen and thus reboot your system is the only thing you can do. So, now instead of force shut down, here are the top methods to fix Windows 10 won’t wake up from sleep after the update.
How to Fix Windows 10 Won’t Wake up from Sleep after Update?
After upgrade to Windows 10 system, many users got a wake-up issue, and after the Windows 10 system enters sleep mode, the keyboard and mouse can’t wake up the system, you can hearing the PC is running but the screen remains black. You can only press the Power Button to force shutdown the PC.
The real cause behind the Windows 10 Error observed once the famous Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is faulty drivers, power modes of the system, Windows update, incorrect device configuration and some more. So, as we are aware of all the possible reasons that can lead to this annoying issue, we can resolve it easily, all you need is to follow our methods to fix it.
Method #1: Modify the Device Settings to Make Available the Sleep Mode
Well, to fix Windows 10 Won’t Wakeup from Sleep, you need to follow some tried and tested methods that we are going to share with you. So here we are going to modify the device settings to make available the sleep mode.
Possibly, if you are stuck on the Windows 10 won’t wake up from sleep after update issue, then you will get a black screen and enter the login screen, you need to force start the system for sure and then follow the steps given below.
- Press the Windows Icon Key + X together, and then select the Device Manager from the prompted list.
- Now expand the mice and another pointing device category, now double tap on the mouse name that you are currently using.
- In the new windows that opens tap on the Power Management Here, you need to check the box against the Allow this device to wake up the computer option.
- Now tap on OK and next double tap on the Network Adapter
- Now again tap on the Power Management tab, here make sure that the given two options are checked and allow this device to wake the computer and only allow a magic packet to wake the computer.
- Now tap on OK.
Method #2: Disable and Enable the Hibernation
Now here we are going to disable and enable the hibernation settings that are the power saving state of the Windows system to check if the error persists or not.
- Open the command prompt by tapping on Start then type CMD in the search bar.
- Right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator and then press the Continue option when prompted.
- Now type powercfg- h off at the command prompt and hit the Enter Key.
- Now finally type Exit and hit the enter key and the command prompt window will close automatically.
Now by the above steps, you can disable the hibernation state, and to switch it on, follow the steps given below.
- Follow the route given below and it is as same as those mentioned above.
- Run As Administrator > Continue.
- Now type powercfg- h on and press the enter key.
- Now hit Exit as the command and press enter.
Method #3: Change the Power Settings to Wake up Windows 10
If you don’t get any solution from the above methods, you to get out of sleep mode on Windows 10, then try to modify the power settings as given below.
- Type Power Options in the search bar and choose Power Options from the list displayed.
- Now on the left-hand side of the window, locate and tap on Choose when to turn off the display.
- Now there will be two options and put the computer to sleep and turn off the display. Change the time accordingly for these two options.
- Now tap on Save Changes and next go back and again from the left side of the Windows, click o choose when the computer sleeps.
- Here also make changes in the time to turn off the display accordingly.
- Save the changes and then reboot your system.
This was another method that you can fix your PC won’t wake up from sleep after Windows 10 update issue.
Method #4: Disable Fast Startup to Fix Windows 10 Won’t Wake up from Sleep
So we are now going to share the last method that will surely help you to wake Windows 10 from sleep.
- Open control panel and tap on Power Options. Then select Additional power settings.
- And then locate what the power buttons do and tap on it.
- Now select the change settings that are the currently available option and here locate the shutdown settings.
- Uncheck the box inTurn on fast startup option and save the changes.
We hope you find this guide to fixing Windows 10 Won’t Wakeup from Sleep, you know how to fix it. If you are still facing the issue, you can either take any help from this guide. If you still have any query then please share your queries in the comment section below.