We all use Windows operating system on daily basis and since we all introduced by Microsoft Windows 10 with some undoubtedly best features ever that make Windows better than old versions and more user-friendly and Microsoft also release frequent Windows updates.
Whenever the Windows users upgrade their Windows 10 operating system, they all have got so many errors but the Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% is one of the most irritating errors because we cannot perform any single task on it.
Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99 Percent
So, if you are facing the same issue then you need to follow this in-depth guide and if you don’t know how to fix this Windows 10 at 99%, then you don’t need to worry and find the perfect tried and tested solution on the different place because on WindowsTipsHub, we always share best Windows Tips and Tricks and easy to fixing methods for any type of Windows errors.
So we are going to explain you some best methods which will help you to fix this issue but you need to check out the main reason behind this issue on your Windows 10 operating system.
Why Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% Installing?
Well, Windows 10 update processing stuck on 99% issue can come because of plenty of reasons but most of the times it comes because of below reasons:
- Errors in Windows Update Program.
- Some pending Windows 7 Updates.
- Some hardware issues.
Well, actually there are plenty of more reasons as well, but the main Windows users find these reasons for Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99 percent. Now we are going to share our best methods that will help you to fix this error in easy to follow steps and you can also follow the guide to fix this error instantly and if you follow our easy to follow methods than you need to fix this error as soon as possible and it is easy to follow without taking anyone’s help from your friends or colleagues.
How to Fix Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%?
We know that it is one of the most annoying errors in the Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99%, and we also experience the same error while the Windows 10 Upgrade. If you want to fix this error simply follow the methods we are going to use and fix this error easily.
Let’s fix this error Upgrading Windows stuck at 99% Error:
Method #1: Terminate Software Distribution Folder Content
The Windows 10 update assistant stuck at 99%, is one of the most irritating error, to solve this issue, you need to remove some contents from the Software Distribution folder’s subfolder downloads. Well, we have shared the easy method to follow and get rid out of this critical error. So to do this method, follow the below steps:
- Open the dialogue box on your Windows device and you can use the shortcut Windows Key + R together to open the run dialogue box.
- Now in the field of the run, dialogue types this command: C\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and now here is the C Root Drive of the system. If the root drive of your PC is bit different then you need to write the name of the source drive instead of C.
- Now you need to check the contents of the downloads folder, and now delete all the content of this folder completely.
- Now restart your system.
After restarting your device again then try to the installation process and now you are going to update your Windows operating system without stuck at 99% process.
Method #2: A Quick Batch File
So now we are going to share our next method, which will explain to you how to use quick batch file using that will help you to remove the Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99 installing error and follow below steps to follow this method:
- Open the NotePad file on your system.
- Now enter below text:
Simply Copy and Paste Text:
@ECHO OFF echo this script is intended to stop Windows Update being COMPLETELY and UTTERLY rubbish echo. PAUSE echo. attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2 attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.* net stop wuauserv net stop CryptSvc net stop BITS ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sold.old ren “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\Microsoft\Network\downloader” downloader.old net Start BITS net start CryptSvc net start wuauserv echo.
- Now you need to save the file with the file name Bat and keep it safe on the desktop of your PC.
- Now after that, Right Click on the file and from that option choose Run As Administrator.
- Now after that, File has finished the process and Restart Your System.
After restarting the PC, try the Windows Update Process again, and now your issue will fix and Windows Update stuck at 99 percent never comes back for sure.
Method #3: Update Windows 7 Pending Updates
The real reason for Windows 10 Upgrade assistant stuck at 99% installing trouble might be pending all the updated of Windows 7. Now fix this issue, first, check all the updates whether they updated or not and if not then you need to update them and follow below steps to do so:
- Open the Settings on your PC.
- Now check Windows Update Option and tap on it.
- From there, tap on Check for Updates.
- Now it will give you the Update info of your Windows OS, simply update them first.
- Now it will not stop your pending Windows 10 Upgrade at 99% process.
Once you update the pending updates, restart your Windows PC, and then restart your System and it will fix your upgrade Windows system error.
Also Read –
We hope you find this post helpful and now you can follow our methods to fix Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99 percent issue. If you like this post, please share it with your Windows user friends and family members.