Were you updating your Windows from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 and came across Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050? Then do not worry since you are not the only one. Read the article below to find out about the causes as well as the fixes of this error code 0xc004f050?
What Causes The Windows Activation Error 0xc004f050?
The only reason behind this error could be related to the product key. Either your windows update is invalid and illegal, or the product key is incorrect. The following might be the causes behind the Windows activation error 0xc004f050; they are stated as follows:
- You might have entered wrong or invalid product key. This might be because you are using a crack version of it. In this scenario, you have to purchase the product key of Windows 10 from the official Microsoft store or website.
- If you are sure that you have entered the correct product key, then the issue would be related to the Windows server. To solve this, wait till 48 hours and try to update your windows again using the same product key.
- If you already have Windows 7/8 or 8.1, then there are chances that your windows might automatically activate to Windows 10. To do so, make sure that your computer is connected with the internet then your Windows will get updated to Windows 10 automatically.
- If you are using free upgrade offer to update your windows to Windows 10, then you need to make sure that you did not do many changes to your system. Any change caused to motherboard or processor might also cause this error code during your Windows 10 activation.
Similar Content : Guide to Fix Run-time error 1004 : Application
- 1 Fixing The Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f050:
- 2 Method 1: Using Advanced System Repair Tool To Solve This Issue:
- 3 Download Advanced System Repair Tool
- 4 Method 2: Performing Clean Install After Upgrading Your Windows 10:
- 5 Method 3: Manually Entering The Product Key:
- 6 Method 4: Using Activation Troubleshooter To Solve This Error Code:
Fixing The Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f050:
As stated above, there could be certain reasons causing the Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f050 on your computer. Sometimes the solution to the problem is waiting till your Windows gets updated itself if it does not happen then follow the methods provided below and see which one works the best for you:
Method 1: Using Advanced System Repair Tool To Solve This Issue:
Normally, when you update your computer to Windows 10, your old drivers might stop working on your computer causing few things on your computer to stop responding. This would also cause different registry keys to corrupt and provide you with Windows activation error 0xc004f050. In order to solve this issue, you need to scan your computer for all such problems using the Advanced System Repair tool which will repair all the corrupt files or outdated drivers on your computer automatically.
Method 2: Performing Clean Install After Upgrading Your Windows 10:
If you are trying to upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 and facing the Windows activation error code 0xc004f050 then you need to perform the clean install on your computer to activate to Windows 10 efficiently without any error. You must perform this operation after you have successfully installed your Windows 10 on your computer. However, when you genuinely upgrade your Windows version to 10, then Microsoft automatically switches it on their server.
Method 3: Manually Entering The Product Key:
If you received your product key in an email, then you can enter it manually during your Windows 10 update by following the below-mentioned procedure on your computer:
Click on Start Menu, go to the settings tab and select update and security option from there.
After that, select the activation option from the left panel and select the change product key link.
In the next window, enter up your product key manually and click on Next button to proceed.
Method 4: Using Activation Troubleshooter To Solve This Error Code:
This method is an incredible method to solve your Windows Activation error code 0xc004f050. This method involves using the troubleshooter button to resolve this issue. However, this option is only available when any mean does not yet activate your Windows. To use this method to solve your Windows activation error code 0xc004f050, follow the steps mentioned below:
In the start menu, go to Settings and navigate to Update and Security.
On the next window, scroll to the bottom to find the troubleshoot button at the end of the window. Click on it to start the troubleshooter and identify the problems and fix them right away using this troubleshooter command.
In this article, we have successfully mentioned the causes behind the Windows activation error 0xc004f050 as well as the most natural methods to solve this problem while updating your Windows to Windows 10. I hope it helped you in solving the Windows activation error code 0xc004f050. Make sure to comment below to let us know if this article helped you in resolving your issue.