Whenever I send or receive an email, I have to come across one message that looks like this “Outlook data file cannot be accessed”, what should I do for this error? If you also have this question in your mind then you need to follow this complete in-depth guide on Outlook Data File Cannot be accessed.
This outlook data file cannot be opened message comes out while using Outlook 10 or Outlook 13. This message sometimes becomes very annoying because it does not allow you to send or receive any messages and when we use outlook for a business purpose that if this error comes in front than it is so annoying.
Outlook Data File cannot be accessed – Fix It
This following error appears in the middle of the sending email and pops up as “Error 0x8004010F”: Outlook data file cannot be accessed”. The above error occurs when the Outlook profile has got corrupted or when you have transferred your outlook.pst file. Well, if you have ever faced this failure message of 0x8004010f outlook 2017 error then here is the complete in-depth guide where we provide you with the solution to the error of Outlook data file cannot be found.
- 1 What is Outlook?
- 2 Possible Reasons for 0x8004010f Outlook 2017 error:
- 3 How to Fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed Error?
- 4 Final Verdicts:
What is Outlook?
As you guys know that, Outlook Surfaces there are so many errors that are generally in an alphanumeric form of individual code along with the message about this error occurred. The error Unable to Send Email: Outlook data file cannot be accessed one of the most common error messages that occur while performing different kinds of activities especially of sending and receiving the emails.
Although, repairing of corrupted OST file and save it as PST file that is one of the solutions of resolving Outlook data file cannot be found the error. But apart from this, there are many other solutions to fix this Outlook file cannot be opened trouble. Learn more here.
There are so many reasons that occur this issue:
Possible Reasons for 0x8004010f Outlook 2017 error:
There are certain issues that interrupt Outlook from sending and receiving a file that we have added below:
- Outlook PST data files are listed at the wrong place.
- Outlook data files are moved to a different location.
- After upgrading the current outlook, the file is corrupted.
- Outlook profile is not being tested.
How to Fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed Error?
So, now we are going to share the complete step by step some methods and solutions that you can follow and fix this issue manually easily. All you need is to follow our process and your issue will fix quickly:
Solution #1: Keep Your Profile Method
- Open outlook and go to Account Settings.
- Go to the email tab and highlight the account with the issue. Now tap on Change Folder.
- Now tap on New Outlook Data File and create a temporary data file.
- Now enter a new name for your data file and tap OK.
- Now expand the folders and select Inbox and tap on OK to close the dialog box and go back to Account Settings.
- In account settings again and tap on Change Folder.
- Reselect the correct data file and folder that you want for your email message and then choose OK.
- Switch back to the data files and remove temporary PST file from the folder.
- Now close the dialogue box of your account settings and tap on send or receive option.
So these are some quick and easy steps you can follow to fix outlook data file cannot be opened error.
Solution #2: Locate the default Outlook data file
- Tap on the Start Button and then tap on Control Panel.
- Now click Mail in the control panel.
- In the mail set up Outlook dialog box tap on Show Profiles.
- Select the current outlook profile and then click on the properties option.
- In the dialog box of mail set up Outlook and click on data files.
- In the account settings, dialog box then selects the data files and not the actual name and location of the default file of your profile.
- Now click Close
So, now with the above steps, you can quickly fix the Outlook data file cannot be accessed error in no time. If this isn’t working for you then use the below method.
Solution #3: Create a New Profile
This is one of the advanced and best method that you can try to resolve this issue of Outlook data file cannot be opened error.
- To create a new profile, go to the Control Panel and then search for Mail.
- Open the mail dialog box and tap on Show Profiles.
- Tap on Add to create a new profile and once the profile is created with a unique name delete the old one.
- To add an account to your profile use Account auto set up option. In the new profile dialog box type a new profile name and tap on OK. In the Add New Account box, you need to enter a valid email ID and account information and tap Next.
- In case you are using POP3 after than to add the account, you will need to tick on the change account setup option and then tap Next and this option will allow users to use the old PST data file.
- Now you can select the old data file and then exit the dialog box.
- After when your account is successfully configured tap on Next to complete the process.
- Restart the outlook.
So after restarting you can sit back and relax as the Outlook data file cannot be accessed error is fixed. And in no time you can again start back with sending and receiving your email.
You May Also Read:-
- Display Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered
- Set CPU Priority to Prefer Foreground Apps
- NVIDIA Installer failed in Windows 10
We have shared the complete in-depth guide on Outlook data file cannot be accessed error is the corrupt Outlook profile. But you need not worry about it. Please drop your questions in the comment section below if you have any.