How to make bootable pen drive for windows 7 – Do you to want to know how to install a USB flash drive in your windows 7 system? You can make a USB bootable by the command prompt and by the terminal method. If you want to make a USB bootable drive on your latest windows version that is 8 or 7 then there is an inbuilt tool updated in these systems to install this USB drive. In the MAC operating system, this drive need not be made as they are available in the newer version.
Let’s see how to make a bootable USB using various methods. The first method in the windows system to make a bootable pen drive is by the entering command prompt.
In The Computer Try To Insert a USB drive
- There is a rectangular port in every system which is used for inserting the USB drive. Carefully insert the drive if it doesn’t fit don’t force to get inserted as the port may get damaged. The USB fits in one way so smoothly insert it.
- The storage space of this pen drive should be 8 gigabytes so the huge operating system files can be installed in it.
- The next step is to click on the windows icon which can be found in the down corner.
- In the search program type, the command prompt program the search tool will help you to reach that file.
- Now the next task is to right click on the command prompt file. In the page, you can find a black button which will help you to scroll through the prompt menu.
- If there is a no right click option on your mouse then click the mouse with your two fingers at the same time.
- If a trackpad is suitable for your computer then use it rather than a mouse and click the bottom right of it.
- Now choose the administrator mode to make changes. This option can be found in the drop menu.
- If a prompt appears then click the yes button. This is a confirmation to open the command.
- Now try to enter the partition command. Type the disk part and press on the next button. You can see a prompt to click the yes button.
- Now let the system to display the list of drives which are connected.
- To identify the drive you can see its size, name or the letter of it. You are not still able to identify your flash drive try to disconnect it. Now the disk list and see which disk was not connected.
- Now there is an option to select disk number with which you can modify the flash drive number now press the enter key.
- Now remove all the information regarding the flash drive and enter the word clean and press the enter key.
- Now create a fresh partition on the flash drive. First, type the “create partition primary” and click the enter key.
- Now type “partition 1” and press enter.
- Type “active” and press enter.
- Nor format the flash drive. Now your USB drive is now bootable.
Step 2- Using Terminal on Mac
Inserting the flash drive USB on your computer
- The USB flash drive you are using should plug into the box or oval ports of USB or USB C. it will be present in your computer. The traditional drives can be suitable for only one fit so do not try to insert it the other way.
- If the mac utilizes the ports of USB-c your flash drive will suit any way you fix it.
- The flash drive of the USB must be eight gigabytes in storage so it will be able to place many operating systems in the files ready for installation.
Check if you contain an ISO file
- If you want to make a bootable USB drive on the Mac you will require an ISO file or the image file if you decide to back up the computer’s hard drive. You have to make it ready and put that in the terminal.
- This is not similar to how windows manage the bootable flash drives. You can create a bootable flash drive in the windows and save it for using it at the right time.
Open the spotlight
- You can choose the magnifying glass icon in the right corner of the screen. Then here a search bar will appear in front of you.
Type the terminal
- This will find your mac for the purpose of the terminal application.
Double click the terminal
The terminal is a black box in the middle of the spotlight results search. When you do it the terminal will be opened.
Open the connected drives
Type the diskutil list in the terminal then you can press the return.
Search for USB drive
- Find the USB drive which you have plugged in the computer then you can look for the USB drives name. It can be found under the ‘IDENTIFIER’ heading adjacent to the terminal window. It will be under the “(external, physical)”.
- Your USB flash drive’s identification will be on the ‘IDENTIFIER’ heading. It will be displayed as the “disk1″ or “disk2”.
Choose the USB drive
Type diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disknumber and you have to check to change the “disknumber” with the disk “IDENTIFIER” number and name. For instance, like the disk2 in the terminal and then click ‘⏎Return’.
Enter the command for formatting
- You have to type sudo dd if= but do not choose the ⏎ Return key now.
Drag the file ISO file in the terminal window
You can choose the ISO file and drag it or the image files in the disk so that you can boot using the USB drive in the terminal. You have to copy the file’s address in the terminal command.
- You have to type in folder path in the ISO file.
Press the keyspace
- This will place the space at the end of the file’s address which will make the opportunity for the next command.
- Then enter the command Type in of=/dev/disknumber bs=1m.
- Type the password to log in the system.
- Press the ⏎ Return which will submit your password.
These are some of the techniques you can use to make Bootable Pendrive For Windows 7.