Are you one of those people who are facing error 1921 message on your computer when installing Microsoft Office or any other program. Being a PC user, you might want to fix error 1921 quickly. So today in this article, we will be going to let you know you get fix this issue easily.
Error 1921 Messages
Whenever this error happens, most of the time you will get messages on your computer screen like these:
Error 1921: “Service ‘Intuit Update Service’ (IntuitUpdateService) could not be stopped…”
Error 1921 Service ‘Windows Font Cache Service’ (FontCache) could not be stopped…
Service ‘MDM’ could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.
Why Error 1921 Occurs ?
There are various reasons due to which you get 1921 error message on your computer screen, these are mentioned below:
- Some background processes slows down your computer and causing this error to show on screen.
- Defect in .net framework files on your computer
- MDM (Machine Debugger Manager) service is not set to be started automatically.
- Corruption in Windows Registry
- Virus or malware infection which has infected your windows files
How to Fix Error 1921
Office 2013 Install (Upgrade)
When you are facing this error during office 2013 installation (upgrade) process, and getting Windows Font Cache Service error message, then follow the steps mentioned to fix it:
- First of all you will have to Windows Font Cache Service. In order to do so, Press Windows + R key and then type services.msc and click Ok.
- After that a new window will show on your screen, where you can check all the services, find out Windows Font Cache Service, right click and choose properties.
- Now in general tab, hover your mouse to start type option and change it to disabled. Click OK to restart your computer.
Once you have restarted your computer, then install (upgrade) the office 2013 and you will not receive this error message. Once you have installed office 2013 completely, re-enable Windows Font Cache Service once again by following the above steps and in startup type you will have to choose automatic option.
If the error showing on your computer is caused due to Intuit Update Service, then follow the steps given below:
- First thing you can try is, close all the programs which are running. Restart your computer and try to update, if it encounters error, then give a try to second suggestion.
- Secondly if you are still getting this error of 1921 message, then Go to Control Panel, from there choose Administrative tools, then services.
- In services, find Intuit Update Service and then right click on it and choose stop.
Then you will need to reopen the TurboTax program and update again. You will not see any 1921 error message again.
Machine Debugger Manager (MDM)
If the error is caused because of MDM (Machine Debugger Manager), then follow the steps described below:
- First of all Go to Start and Select Run. After that type MMC and click Ok.
- Now choose file, Select Add/Remove Snap-in option and after that in Standalone snap-ins available, you will need to choose services and click Add.
- Now you will need to select Local computer option and then choose Finish. After that click on close and hit OK button.
- Now in services snap-in, expand the services. Find Machine Debug Manager service and right click and select properties. In general tab, set to automatic in startup type options and choose OK.
- Again right click on Machine Debug Manager service and choose restart.
Don’t Miss : How to Fix clr20r3 Error on Windows Pc or Laptop Easily
Once you are done with above steps, you will be error 1921 free and it will not show on your computer screen again. I hope this tutorial helped you easily on how to fix error 1921 quickly. If you find it informative, don’t forget to share it with others and if you have any query regard this error, do let us know in the comments box below.