File Explorer is one of the most important and core element of the Windows 10 operating system based PCs and people still have no idea about how they can get help with file explorer in windows 10. Before it was known as Windows Explorer, and it is a file manager application that comes with the Microsoft Windows Operating system.
There are tons of Windows users who still confused on How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 and if you are one of them then you should consider this article and read it till the end and I can assure you that you will be informed completely about Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 and you can explain this term to anyone later.
Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
Well, the File Manager on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 was renamed as File Explorer and introduces new features such as a redesigned interface incorporating a ribbon toolbar, and a redesigned file operation dialog that displays more detailed progress and allows for file operations to be paused and resumed.
The details pane in Windows Vista and 7 was removed and replaced with a narrower pane with no icons and less details of columns but other information is displayed when you hover over the file’s name.
So, guys in this post, we are going to explain how you can get help with file explorer in Windows 10 and we will also describe to how to configure file explorer in Windows 10 step by step with our tried and tested methods:
File Explorer in Windows 10 – Best Features
- Home Tab: It located on the top left corner of the file explorer, the new home tab makes most of the tasks and commands easier than before and it copying a file or be it deleting it, and you can perform it via the home tab. In Windows 10, whenever you tap Windows + E, you’ll be taken to the Home tab.
- Share Tab: You can find the share tab on the top left corner in the file explorer, and this tab allows you to share plenty of files and folders wherever you want via just one tap. For sharing a file, you can also convert the files into the zip format as well as burn them with the help of the share tab.
- Quick Access: It is one of the most helpful features of the latest file explorer, and with this feature, you can visit files and folders which you have frequently visited. There are mainly two different section in this feature of frequent folders and recent files.
- OneDrive: Windows Explorer in Windows 8.1 allows you to save files directly to OneDrive but you cannot sync the files in OneDrive with your PC or local system. The new file explorer has overcome this drawback. You can now not only save the files to OneDrive but at the same time sync them with the system.
How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
So if you want to know how to configure Windows 10 File Explorer to Open with This PC View the simply follow below steps:
- In the Windows 10, open a new file explorer window and tap on the view tab from the ribbon toolbar.
- In the view tab, find and tap on options and listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.
- In the folder options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box which labeled Open File Explorer Simply tap on the drop-down menu and select this PC and click OK to save your changes and close the window.
So, guys, these are the easy steps to configure file explorer in windows 10 operating system. You don’t need to reboot or shut down your computer for any other changes. Just open a new file explorer window and you’ll see that it automatically shows this PC view by default.
The Quick Access view is still there and can be viewed at any time, but all the users who prefer the more detailed this PC view won’t have to acknowledge Quick Access unless they want to.
Now, look the best way to get help with the file explorer on Windows 10, File Explorer has many tremendous features that you still didn’t know. In this list, we will list some more keyboard shortcuts and windows 10 issues and how to fix windows 10 issues with simple methods.
How to Customize Quick Access in Windows 10?
The quick access is the toolbar to access most frequently used folders or files on single screen. Most frequently used folders appear on the main screen of the file explorer. So, fast access provides you the easiest way to open folders that are too deep and requires various steps to find that particular folder.
So, if you want any particular folder to appear on Quick Access then follow these steps:
- In Windows 10, right tap and select the folder which you want to put on Quick access.
- Select Pin to Quick Access option appear in the drop-down menu.
- Simply, it’s done and all the selected folder is on the quick access bar.
Steps to Remove Selected Folder from Quick Access
If you want to remove your selected folder from quick access, then follow the steps below:
- Right-click and select the folder you want to remove from Quick Access bar.
- Choose, “Unpin from Quick Access” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, the selected folder is hidden or deleted from the Quick Access bar.
Also Read –
We hope you find this post helpful on Get Help with File Explorer with Windows 10 and now you have the complete step by step guide to fix Get Help with File Explorer with Windows 10 so understand the steps carefully and perform it.
If you still have any queries, please drop them in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.