Are you looking for solutions to fix Windows 10 update error (0x80240034)? When you try to download and install Windows 10 updates, it may cause an error and show you an error code 0x80240034. So, in this article, I will discuss all the easy and effective methods to fix this error code on your device.
Your PC may show the following error message on the screen:
“Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1803, is failed to installed, with error code (0x80240034).”
There can be so many reasons that can cause such type of error. Some of the most prominent reasons are outdated software and drivers, damaged files, junk registry files, misconfigured system settings or much more.
Here, I am mentioning some of the most important ways for you that may surely help you in order to fix this problem.
Methods to Fix Windows Update Error (0x80240034):
Following are the five methods that I have selected for you that can fix the windows update error (0x80240034) on your computer:
1: Fix using Advanced System Repair Tool:
The most common reason behind the failure of windows update is damaged system files like DLL files, EXE files, sys files, etc. There are many system files that work for some specific tasks. If any of the files get replaced or deleted or damaged then there can occur windows update error 0x80240034.
Follow 3 Steps to Fix this Error:
- Firstly, Download Advanced System Repair Tool (a small-sized program).
- Then you must SCAN your Windows PC.
- Now, click the “Fix” button to correct Error.
Download Advanced System Repair Tool and scan your PC easily. It has a large amount of database with approximately 25 million files. It will definitely find all the damaged or deleted system files and then you have to reinstall them once again. After that, try to install windows update once again.
2: Run Troubleshooter:
This is the most advanced and amazing method; if you may experience any update error in Windows 10/8/7 or other versions of Windows OS. You can run Windows Update Troubleshooter by following some steps mentioned for you below:
- Open Start Menu and search for Troubleshooter and open it.
- Click on “Fix Problems” with Windows Update.
- It will then launch troubleshooting wizards then you have to follow the instructions and start the troubleshooting process.
- After completing this process, when you again update Windows 10 then you will surely notice that the update error 0x80240034 has corrected.
3: to Turn Off Developer Mode:
Developer Mode allows your PC to download files only from trusted sources. It restricts many downloading files and filters using high parameters. So if you turn off this feature then may your problem fix easily.
Just follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and then you should press “Update & Security”.
- Now select the “Developers” option.
- Select the button don’t use Developer Features radio button or choose Side-load apps.
- Then Save and Close the settings.
- After this, try again to download and install windows updates.
4: Run System File Checker Tool:
This Checker tool is a command-line tool that fully scans all your system files for errors and automatically fixes it in case of any problem is found. It restores most of all the corrupted system files and fix windows OS problems.
You can use this tool to be following these steps:
- Firstly, Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type the following command in Command Prompt.
- -SFC /scan now and press “Enter”.
- Wait until the process finishes. Now, Close the Command Prompt and try to install Windows update again and it will be surely succeeded.
I have tried to explain in my this article that how can you fix Windows Update Error 0x80240034 by yourself by following few steps. I have prepared a list of many useful methods are described in this article, that will surely help you to resolve windows 10 update error issue.