We have encountered some recent Windows user’s issues and in this section, we have found that tons of gaming users reportedly have been facing an issue where their NVIDIA Installer failed in Windows 10 error or you can also understand this issue with another term like “NVIDIA Installer Failed Windows 10” where the installation of NVIDIA cannot continue after upgrade to Windows.
So if you are also can’t install Nvidia drivers windows 10 and at the same time, Nvidia update failed again and again. If you are also having the NVIDIA graphics driver installation problem, then by using our methods that we have used personally you can easily fix NVIDIA installer failed issue.
Fix NVIDIA Installer Failed Windows 10
NVIDIA Corporation mostly known as NVidia is an American technology company that incorporated in Delaware and based in Santa Clara, California, The United States. This company works in designing graphics processing units (GPUs) for gaming in Windows and another operating system, and other top technology niches. Its primary GPU product line is labeled as GeForce.
Why You Got “NVIDIA Installer failed” Error?
Once you have upgraded your Windows 10 system, Windows Update will attempt to download and install the GPU drivers in the background of the system. It can take up to 5-10 minutes and if you attempt to install the NVIDIA driver during this time, and you would probably get the installation failed error.
Essential Things to Check
First thing first, you need to make sure that Windows is running on the latest service pack that is Windows 7 should be SP2, Windows 8 should be Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 latest version.
We all know that it is a complicated relationship between NVIDIA and Windows but unfortunately, we all are caught up in the crossfire, that should have been an issue of AMD since they came up with the term Crossfire in the first place. But well, NVIDIA holds the honor. Anyway, these are the few forms of this error are:
- Error Code 28
- The driver cannot be installed
- No Hardware specified
- The system keeps rolling back to Standard VGA Adapter driver after restart etc…
How to Fix NVIDIA Installer Failed Issue
Before moving on with the fixing methods, it is very important to share what is NVIDIA and how it works and it is also important to check which operating system is running on the latest version Service Pack. Make sure you will follow all steps before you fix NVIDIA installer failed issues:
- Make sure onboard graphics chipset is deactivated and the BIOS has to use the current video card as the main card.
- Your hard drive shouldn’t full and there were many cases where the NVIDIA setup is unable to extract the packet into the Temp folder because the target drive was packed.
- Antivirus program or Firewall may prove to be an issue and make sure to disable it while the installation takes place so this error like NVIDIA graphics driver not compatible with this version of Windows.
Let’s start the solutions to fix “NVIDIA installer failed windows 10”:
To fix it, let the Windows 10 system sit idle for 15-20 minutes to ensure the Windows Update has completed the downloading and installation processes after which you can begin to fix NVIDIA Installer Failed issue.
So after waiting for about 15-20 minutes, you can reboot the Windows system. Once the system is up and run, install the new NVIDIA Driver by following the steps set out below:
- Go to the installation options screen, choose Custom
- Now tap on Next
- On the Next Screen, check the box “Perform a Clean Installation” to avoid errors.
- Now tap Next
- Follow all the instructions on-screen to complete the installation
- Reboot the system
Solution #2. Kill NVIDIA Process and Remove the Redundant Files
- First, press Ctrl+Alt+Deleteto start Task Manager.
- Select running NVIDIA software and tap on End Process.
- If the following files are found, remove all of them.
- C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdsp.inf file
- C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_lh file
- C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvoclock file
- C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
- Now, simply Restartyour PC and it might resolve your issue.
Solution #3. Shut Down Your Antivirus and Firewall
Some antivirus tools sometimes block a few files during the NVIDIA Driver installation. This may cause NVIDIA Driver Installer Failed issue. A few antivirus users have reported NVIDIA Driver failed issues and the only way to resolve this is turning off the firewall.
And turning off the antivirus program and make sure to kill the remaining processes related to them and you can do this by simply stopping the antivirus processes in the Task Manager. Follow below process to turn off antivirus and firewall temporarily and reactivate before using the internet:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
- Click the Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Look for any processes related to antivirus and end each of them.
- Reboot your PC.
- Try installing the NVIDIA Driver using Solution 1 given above.
Solution #4. Update NVIDIA Graphics Driver
In some cases, if Windows prompts “NVIDIA Installer Failed” issue, then the issue is most appropriately caused by incompatible NVIDIA graphics driver issue. It simply means you need to update the driver of NVIDIA. You could do this by two methods, either go to NVIDIA download page to manually download the driver and you can also get them via convenient drivers download utility.
For manually download from the NVIDIA official website, select the correct product type, product series, and product model and operating system.
As for drivers download utility, we strongly recommend you to use software like Driver Talent that has more than 1.5 million users so far, so you can use to identify your NVIDIA graphics driver issue. Now, download and install the best-matched version automatically for your PC.
Also Read –
- Set CPU Priority to Prefer Foreground Apps
- Blue Screen of Death Error
- screen recorders for Windows 10
If none of these solutions works for you to Geforce game ready driver installation failed to issue or cannot fix NVIDIA installer failed than it might be in the Windows 10 OS so you should now reinstall the Windows 10 setup. Read more cool stuff about windows from windowstipshhub