The error ”Failed to download & Install Error 0x802440034” is a very common error that occurs while updating Windows 10 to version 1803. This error mainly occurs if your internet connection stops working while the downloading is in process or your connection with Microsoft servers is interrupted due to any reason. This could be very hectic but we got it covered for you. If you’re looking at how to solve this error read the instructions below to find out.
HOW TO FIX FAILED TO INSTALL ERROR 0x80240034?
There are four different methods to solve this issue for you. Let’s try all one by one and see what works for you.
FIX 1: TURN OFF DEVELOPER MODE IN WINDOWS
The most common cause of error 0x80240034 during the Windows Update is the “Developer Mode”. If you are getting this error it is most likely because you have Developer Mode turned on on your computer. Read the step by step instructions below to turn off the developer mode on your computer.
- Go to Settings> Update and Security, then select For Developers on the left-hand side.
2. In developer features, select Sideload Apps.
3. Click Yes to Turn on app Sideloading.
4. After that go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Manage optional features.
5. Now click on Windows Developer Mode and press Uninstall.
Restart the computer afterward, for the settings to take place and then try and install the update again.
Hopefully, you won’t have any problem now. However, if you still have the same problem then proceed to Fix 2.
You may also Check : How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error [Solved]
FIX 2: RUN TROUBLESHOOTER OF WINDOWS UPDATE
The second method to fix the Error 0x80240034 is by running the troubleshooter tool of the Windows Update. You can do this by following the simple steps listed below:
- Keep in mind your Windows version, and download the Windows Update Troubleshooter according to the version of your windows and Run it successfully.
- The next step is to Restart your computer for changes to take place.
- Check for updates.
This might solve your problem but if you still get the same error 0x80240034 then proceed to the next fix.
FIX 3: FORCING WINDOWS IN RE-CREATING THE NEW WINDOWS UPDATE STORE FOLDER:
The third method to solve the error 0x80240034 during Windows 10 update is recreating the Windows Update Store folder (“C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution”) the basic location for installing the Windows update. For doing this, you must follow this simple step by step guide:
- Open the Run command box, by simultaneously pressing the Windows + R button.
2. In the run command dialogue box, type services.msc then press Enter key.
3. Right-click on Windows Update Service and click Stop.
4. Then open My Compter and proceed to C:\Windows folder.
5. Find and delete the Software Distribution folder there.
6. (Click continue if the “Folder Access Denied” window appears)
By doing this, a new folder of software distribution will automatically be created by Windows in order to store Windows updates, the next time it runs.
- Let your system restart to let the changes take effect and then install the update again.
There is a great chance that this will solve your error 0x80240034, but if this doesn’t work then proceed to the next fix to solve your problem. The next fix will definitely solve your problem.
FIX 4: USE THE ISO FILE FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATE
If none of the above methods work for you, then this is the last fix to solve the error 0x80240032 error for you. This method is using the ISO file to update Windows 10. You can do this by following the following steps or instructions:
- Open Microsoft’s Download Center and click Download Tool Now in order to download the Media Creation tool.
- After the download is completed, start the Media Creation tool by accepting the license agreements.
- After doing that, select the second option of “Create install media for another PC” and proceed ahead.
4. Leave the settings as default and press Next.
5. At upcoming screen, choose the ISO file option and proceed Next.
6. Now click save to save the file on your drive.
7.Now, wait till the ISO file is downloaded by the Media Creation tool.
8. Upon the completion of download, disconnect your internet on your computer. .
9. Disable any anti-virus if there is any.
10.Click setup application to update your computer.
Hope this guide would have helped you in solving your problem. Let me know by leaving your comments under this post. Stay connected for more guides and tricks!