Have you ever faced any difficulty while using your computer to solve Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application because it might get slow down and become almost impossible to use?
In search to find solutions to eliminate such problems, you scan your computer with antivirus software and may come across a program called Digital TV Tuner Device Registration error.
In such cases, you can easily and safely remove that program by considering the following simple steps. But first of all, you should know about this application and what does it actually do to your computer.
What do you know about The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
The digital TV tuner device registration application is some sort of a scheduled task that is a part of the Windows Media Center.
It enables you to watch premium digital cable channels directly from your cable supplier on your PC.
Since a large portion of the installed programs will store information on your system, it might move to fragmentation which may result in making invalid entries, consequently, at last, slowing down your PC.
It is also known as ehprivjob.exe and is a non-system process that takes place by software that is installed on your system.
Ehprivjob.exe is a running program that contains machine code. If you are going to run the Windows Media Center on your PC, that directs that ehprivjob.exe will likewise be executed. Consequently, it is loaded into your PC’s RAM and keeps running as a Windows Media Center process.
This procedure isn’t CPU intensive but there are situations where it can affect the working of your PC, particularly when you’re running an excessive number of processes simultaneously.
So as to keep the system safe from over-burden, it is advised to you to disable processes that automatically launch themselves upon startup.
Likewise, issues identified with the digital TV tuner device registration application are brought about by the application beginning the process.
We have given a large portion of methods underneath by which you can resolve this issue easily.
How can you Fix?
1: To turn off windows features:
It includes the following steps:
- By pressing the Windows key, open your Control Panel.
- Then type Control Panel there and Hit Enter once it appears.
- In the Control Panel, take a look for Programs and Features.
- Once you have found it, click it.
- When the dialog box opens, type appwiz.cpl there and then click “OK” or press Enter.
- Now Click the Turn Windows feature on or off.
- Scroll down and take a look for Media Features.
- Once you found it, then click the + sign to expand it.
- Search for Windows Media Center and uncheck the box right next to it.
- Press “OK” to make the changes.
- After making such changes, restart your computer.
2: stop the processes running on your computer:
It includes the following steps:
- Open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time.
- Move to the Performance tab and click the Open Resource Monitor which is located at the bottom.
- By pressing Windows key + R You can also use your Run dialog box. In the dialog box, you have to type resmon and press Enter.
- Now it is the time to take a look at the CPU, Memory, and Disk sections.
- You should have to look for the ehprivjob.exe process and try to stop it.
- To do such a thing, right-click on it and then choose End Process.
- Also, it’s an excellent idea to stop other unnecessary processes that are in running your computer. This will help you to get rid of unwanted programs that cause your computer to slow down.
3: To disable a scheduled task:
To follow this method, you have to go with the following steps:
- Open “Task Scheduler”.
- In the Task Scheduler’s, click the arrow beside Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.
- Now you have to look for the folder where the ehdrminit is located.
- Right-click on it and disable.
Another user from the same thread also suggested that you can delete the contents with the DRM folder by following these steps:
- open My Computer and locate this address given below:
- Once you’re in there then you should simply have to delete the contents inside it.
Sometimes, these two fixes may not work with different users. Some guaranteed that they fixed their issues, while others referenced that they didn’t help by any means.
If in any case, it doesn’t work then you should move towards the next method.
4: Remove or uninstall TV Tuner from your PC:
In case if none of the fixes worked, you may need to uninstall your TV tuner totally. This fix which is point by point by How to Uninstall Windows Programs incorporates a bit by bit uninstallation process just as steps on the most proficient method to erase any registry entries on your PC.
Here’s its method:
- Go to Control Panel by tapping the” Start” and then “Control Panel” and then press “ENTER”.
- Look for Programs and Features at that point and click it.
- On the list of introduced programs, search for your digital TV tuner.
- On the upper part of the window, click Uninstall.
- Basically, follow the uninstallation and the procedure will finish after some time.
- Now, go to your Registry Editor by holding Windows key and R at that point composing Regedit in the Run dialogue box.
- In the Registry Editor window, explore to this location and search for the organizer containing your digital TV tuner at that point erase it:
- From that point forward, explore this location and erase any entries:
The digital TV tuner device registration application error can be very irritating particularly when you’re it abruptly crashes as you’re as of now watching a show or picture on a digital cable channel.
More irritating is the point at which it begins to slow down your PC altogether. Luckily, these issues can be cured by following the fixes given above.
So follow such methods and let us know about which fix worked for it!